Receive up to 50% contribution to your Zero to Hero Fast Track Course and go sailing for 36 weeks!
Here at The Yacht Academy we are able to offer sponsorship opportunities to help the next generation of driven and talented young people to complete their Yachtmaster Offshore and go on to work with some of the best leisure and professional sailing companies in the world.
- Annual programme apply anytime
- Intensive training to RYA Yachtmaster Offshore (Sail)
- 10-day pre-season training in Croatia
- Up to 6 weeks crew experience
- A minimum of 8 weeks work as Skipper
- Dedicated mentor working alongside each student during the placement
- Unique funding opportunites are available for 18-35 year olds
Receive up to 50% funding towards your RYA Yachtmaster Offshore course for 18-35 year olds resident in the UK or New Zealand. You will repay only a small portion of this funding through your seasonal work contract with one of our partners.
The Yacht Academy has funding for 5 sponsored candidates per year. Apply here today!
We also partner with a number of career development organisations who can offer their own funding opportunities either on top of or instead of The Yacht Academy’s sponsorship. Get in touch today as many are location or background specific, we can help with advice, apply on your behalf or simply put you touch!
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- 15 weeks intensive training to commercially endorsed RYA Yachtmaster Offshore
- Food, accommodation and training materials throughout the entire programme
- Additional mile building placements after your course
- 10-day pre-season training programme in Croatia
- Dedicated industry mentor and advice throughout
- Summer sailing uniform and industry discount on offshore sailing gear
Every successful candidate will be provided a crew training placement and be guaranteed a minimum of 8 weeks work as Skipper in your first season. It could be much more!
Your Yachtmaster Offshore Training Course
Our RYA Training Partners are among the very best in the industry chosen specifically for their expertise in professional Skipper training to work in the industry. You can choose one of our recommended course providers as your preferred location.
- Seamanship, mile building and skippering over 60 days afloat, covering a minimum of 2,500 tidal miles and practical experience onboard a range of yachts.
- Navigational training to RYA Yachtmaster Offshore – including radar training in a simulation suite.
- Basic engineering and safety training.
- RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore (Sail)
- RYA Yachtmaster Shorebased
- RYA Day Skipper Shorebased
- RYA Short Range Radio
- RYA Radar
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
- RYA First Aid
- MCA STCW Basic Safety Training
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 (selected locations only)
THE NEXT STEP
Once qualified you will attend pre-season training on location in Croatia with The Yacht Academy before commencing your work placement – including a minimum of 8 weeks work as Skipper within your first season! All food and accommodation is provided throughout.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Offshore sailing gear
- Transport and flights to Croatia or Greece
- Any Exam or Certification fees
- Personal Skipper Liability insurance
That’s it, there are no hidden extras.
We offer the only by application fast-track course where you will be learning on the job and repaying your course in your first season.
Our spaces are limited and by application only!