Receive up to 50% contribution to your Zero to Hero Fast Track Course and go sailing for 36 weeks!
Here at The Yacht Academy we are able to offer sponsorship opportunities to help the next generation of driven and talented young people to complete their Yachtmaster Offshore and go on to work with some of the best leisure and professional sailing companies in the world.
- Seasonal Program run from February to October
- Intensive training to RYA Yachtmaster Offshore
- 10-Day pre-season training with The Yacht Academy
- Up to 6 weeks crew experience
- A minimum of 8 weeks work as Skipper
- Dedicated mentor working alongside each student during the placement
- Unique train-to-work programme sponsorship opportunites available for 20-35 year olds
Receive up to 50% funding towards your RYA Yachtmaster Offshore course for 18-30 year olds from the UK or New Zealand. You will repay only a small portion of this funding through your seasonal work contract with one of our partners.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- 14 weeks intensive training to RYA Yachtmaster Offshore
- Food, accommodation and training materials throughout the entire programme
- Additional mile building placements after your course
- 10-Day pre-season training programme with The Yacht Academy
- Dedicated industry mentor and advice throughout
- Summer sailing gear and industry discount on offshore sailing gear
Every successful candidate will be provided a crew training placement and be guaranteed a minimum of 8 weeks work as Skipper in your first season. It could be much more!
Your Yachtmaster Offshore Training Course
Our RYA Training Partners are among the very best in the industry chosen specifically for their expertise in professional Skipper training to work in the industry. You can choose between UKSA (United Kingdom) or Rock Sailing (Gibraltar) for your course locations.
- Seamanship, mile building and skippering over 60 days afloat, covering a minimum of 2,500 tidal miles and practical experience onboard a range of yachts.
- Navigational training from RYA Day Skipper to RYA Yachtmaster Offshore – including radar training in a simulation suite.
- Basic engineering and safety training.
- RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore (Sail)
- RYA Day Skipper Shorebased
- RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Shorebased
- RYA Short Range Radio
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 (optional extra at ROCK)
- RYA First Aid
THE NEXT STEP
Once qualified you will attend pre-season training on location in Croatia or Greece with The Yacht Academy before commencing your work placement – including a minimum of 8 weeks work as Skipper within your first season! All food and accommodation is provided throughout.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Offshore sailing gear
- Transport and flights to Croatia or Greece
- Any Exam or Certification fees
- Personal Skipper Liability insurance
That’s it, there are no hidden extras.
We offer the only by application fast-track course where you will be learning on the job and repaying your course in your first season.
Our spaces are limited and by application only!