Embark on a global career in the dynamic and competitive yachting industry.
With the best training partners and experienced and knowledgeable staff we can guide your path to a professional career as a Skipper,
working for some of the leading companies worldwide.
Your RYA course will be on-board spacious, well equipped, modern yachts fully equipped with up-to-the-minute navigation and radar technology. Only five students are enrolled on each yacht and all courses are run by an experienced and fully qualified RYA approved instructor to ensure the highest level of instruction is available to each individual.
Course Costs: £8,995-£9,500 per person
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- 15 weeks intensive training to commercially endorsed RYA Yachtmaster Offshore
- Food, accommodation and training materials throughout the entire programme
- Additional mile building placements after your course
- 10-day pre-season training programme in Croatia
- Dedicated industry mentor and advice throughout
- Summer sailing uniform and industry discount on offshore sailing gear
Every successful candidate will be provided a crew training placement and be guaranteed a minimum of 8 weeks work as Skipper in your first season. It could be much more!
Your Yachtmaster Offshore Training Course
Our RYA Training Partners are among the very best in the industry chosen specifically for their expertise in professional Skipper training to work in the industry. You can choose one of our recommended course providers as your preferred course location.
- Seamanship, mile building and skippering over 60 days afloat, covering a minimum of 2,500 tidal miles and practical experience onboard a range of yachts.
- Navigational training to RYA Yachtmaster Offshore – including radar training in a simulation suite.
- Basic engineering and safety training.
- RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore (Sail)
- RYA Yachtmaster Shorebased
- RYA Day Skipper Shorebased
- RYA Short Range Radio
- RYA Radar
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
- RYA First Aid
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 (selected locations only)
- MCA STCW Basic Safety Training
THE NEXT STEP
Once qualified you will attend pre-season training on location in Croatia with The Yacht Academy before commencing your work placement – including a minimum of 8 weeks work as Skipper within your first season! All food and accommodation is provided throughout.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Offshore sailing gear
- Transport and flights to Croatia
- Any Exam or Certification fees
- Personal Skipper Liability insurance
That’s it, there are no hidden extras.
We offer the only by application fast-track course where you will be learning on the job and repaying your course in your first season.
Our spaces are limited and by application only!